PHASE 3 Protocols for Staff & Patients of SOMA Active Health
Working together to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus
What SOMA is doing to keep everyone safe:
- Strict cleaning & sanitizing of all surfaces of the clinic including communal areas & treatment rooms. Treatment rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between treatments as will all high volume surfaces.
- We have adjusted our scheduling system to allow for more time for cleaning between treatments and also for better flow of patients and staff through the clinic. This will ensure that there is ample space for proper social distancing in the communal areas of the clinic.
*** Due to these new required booking adjustments, practitioners will currently not be able to work at full capacity and will have fewer appointments available per week.
- Staff will apply Covid-19 Self-Assessment daily
- Payment can be received through either the Tap function on the POS machine or e-transfer to decrease cross contamination of the payment machine. Machine will be wiped thoroughly every time it is used.
- When a treatment is complete, all rescheduling of further appointments will be done in the treatment rooms, or through email or our online booking system. The front desk & waiting area of the clinic will no longer be in use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every room of the clinic
- Staff will stay informed and up to date on all practices and policies surrounding the Covid-19 virus as well as any other flus/colds and will implement all that is required of them by Health Canada and the PHO.
- SOMA Active Health will operate with all the necessary cleaning supplies and equipment to provide a safe clinic experience for patients and staff.
- Staff will wear PPE and will have paper masks for their patients for a fee of $2.
- Patients should bring their own mask to the clinic if it makes them more comfortable.
- BC PHO recommends the use of masks indoors for those 12+ & not fully vaccinated.
- Staff will diligently change all linens between treatments and will have linens cleaned regularly.
What we need from patients to help us maintain a safe clinic environment:
- Patients must NOT attend appointments at SOMA if they are having signs symptoms of communicable disease.
**It is imperative that the patients answer the questions asked during the pre-treatment screening honestly & thoroughly.
Our cancelation policy will be eased to allow for cancelation due to sickness.
- Patient must disclose if they have traveled internationally within the past 14 days prior to treatment.a
- Upon arriving at the clinic the door will remain locked & your practitioner will greet you and let you in.
- BC PHO recommends the use of masks indoors for those who are 12+ & not fully vaccinated. Please bring a mask with you to the clinic. We will have masks available at the clinic for a small fee.
- Please practice social distancing while in the clinic.